Cathy over at 746Books has a yearly challenge to read 20 books over the summer months. This year’s challenge is started on June 1st, 2018 and ran until September 3, 2018. This year I was excited about joining her on this journey. The 20 books that I chose initially changed a bit over time, but there was leeway in the rules to allow for that, which I was grateful for!
What was planned:
- 20 BOOKS, 95 DAYS, 6,597 PAGES, WHICH EQUALS TO 69 PAGES PER DAY.
- Documenting my journey through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and also writing reviews for each of the books along the way.
What was completed:
- 14 BOOKS, 95 DAYS, 5,319 PAGES, WHICH EQUALS TO 56 PAGES PER DAY
- Eleven reviews were completed on the 14 books read.
- I didn’t tag this challenge on social media as much as I should have, and in the next challenge, I’ll strive to do better at that.
The books that were completed between June 1st, 2018 and September 3, 2018:
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Oola – Find balance in an unbalanced world by Dave Braun and Troy Amdahl
- The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
- The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
- Call Me Princess by Sara Blaedel
- The Killing Forest by Sara Blaedel
- You Can Buy Happiness by Tammy Strobel
- The Lost Woman by Sara Blaedel
- When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri
- ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- Under The Dome by Stephen King
- Happier Thinking by Lana Grace Riva
- The Last Straw by Ed Duncan
I saw this challenge as a success as this is the most I have read, in any one summer, ever. This challenge kept me motivated to keep reading and to utilize my spare time better, to fit my reading in.
Thank you to Cathy over at 746Books for hosting this challenge. I look forward to participating in this challenge, in the next go around.