First Line Friday | The Night Before by Wendy Walker

First Line Fridays

If you are interested in participating, stop over at Hoarding Books and check it out.  The premise of it is simple.  You simply share the first line of a book so that it may inspire other readers.

This weeks choice for First Line Friday is:

The Night Before by Wendy Walker

Cover Image for The Night Before by Wendy Walker

“I don’t know if this is a good idea.”

Now it’s your turn!  Grab the book you are currently reading, open to chapter one, and post the first sentence (or the second sentence) in the comments below.  Then head over to Hoarding Books to see all of the First Line Friday pages this week (Just click on the FLF button below.

First Line Friday Hosted by Hoarding Books

Let’s Connect!

Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram

13 thoughts on “First Line Friday | The Night Before by Wendy Walker

1. joyofreadingweb says:

Over on my blog, I’m sharing the first line of Amanda Dykes’s novella “Up from the Sea”. Here I’ll share with you the first line from chapter 25 of the book I’m currently reading, The Governess of Penwythe Hall by Sarah E. Ladd. “They’d found her.”

2. bellesmoma16 says:

Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I am sharing the first few lines from The Memory House by Rachel Hauck. It is SO awesome. You can see my post by going to: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/04/11/first-line-friday-82-2/. Currently, I am on chapter 22, so I will share a line from there.

“The knock came late as the house rattled with the crashes and flashes of a spring thunderstorm.”

Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂❤️📚

Liked by 1 person

3. thebeccafiles says:

Happy Friday!
    The book I shared today on my blog is Caught by Surprise by Jen Turano but I’m currently reading The Governess of Penwythe Hall by Sara E Ladd so I’ll share the first line from my current chapter (17) here: “Delia chewed her lip as she traversed the path to Fairhold Cottage, mentally practicing what she wanted to say.” Hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

4. Caitlin H says:

Happy Friday!

I like the cover to The Night Before.

Today on my blog, I am sharing the opening line from Susan Anne Mason’s A Worthy Heart. I’m also reading The Daughter of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky. The first line is:

“If she lived to be one hundred and five, Katherine Evangeline Ramsey would never understand why every debutante must begin the London social season by curtsying to the king and queen.”

Hope you have a great weekend. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. Yvette - Bookworlder says:

Weddings, Willows, and Revised Expectations by V. Joy Palmer is on top of my “read this next” stack. I’m sharing from Chapter 1 on my blog, so here is the first line from the prologue:

“A great philosopher looks at his various struggles as fodder for his innovative thinking, but, since I am not a great philosopher, I look at my struggles as something akin to stepping on a bee the size of a Komodo dragon.”

Happy Friday and have a good weekend!

Liked by 1 person

6. Iola says:

Tip: any time you suspect something might not be a good idea, it probably isn’t.

I’m sharing the first line from Beyond the Stars, Past the Moons by Jebraun Clifford on my blog today. It’s from the Encircled anthology, which I’m looking forward to reading.

Here’s another first line from the anthology. This one is from Edged in Silver by Laurie Lucking:

“If only I didn’t have to go home.”

Happy reading. Have a great weekend 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. Fiction Aficionado says:

Ha! In my experience, you should probably listen to that voice!

I’m sharing about a FREE novella by Tari Faris on my blog today, but I’m also in the middle of listening to Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell, narrated by Juliet Stevenson. I’m absolutely loving it–both the story and the narration. Here’s the first line from chapter 16:

The day arrived on which the masters were to have an interview with a deputation of the work-people.

Have a great weekend!